July 2017 News
Council #1621 Blog * Written by MN Knights
NOTICE IN CHANGE OF MEETING NIGHTS
July is our annual Officer Installation Mass and will be held at St Mary’s Parish in Cottonwood on Tuesday July 25. We will have a short meeting beginning at 6:30 pm; followed by mass and installation. There will be a free will donation for the casual meal following ceremonies. A good opportunity to wear your KC shirt.
Jeff Yorde has volunteered to be our new Treasurer and will be officially elected at the short business meeting.
Officer installation is for the entire family to attend. This is one of our more noteworthy annual events. Because the Knights of Columbus serves the Church and Respects Family we hope your entire family will be able to attend. This is a ceremony for all Knights and their families…not just the officers!!!
We also will be awarding the Past Grand Knight lapel pins to those who have been missed in the past. Those earning this recognition this year include Past Grand Knights Scott Wernimont, Tom Scholtes, LeRoy St Aubin and Dean Onken. These are ones we know have been missed. If you know of someone else who has been missed please contact Don Kinker at e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW MEETING NIGHTS
At the June meeting it was decided to move the monthly meetings back to the 3rd TUESDAY OF THE MONTH. Beginning in August we will be meeting on the 3rd Tuesday of each month unless notified differently.
Looking To the Future
- July 11 – Tues: 4TH Degree Officer Installation
- Aug 1 – Tues: 4TH Degree Social; Time and Place to be determined Location & Time to be determined
- Aug 9 to 13 – Wed thru Sun: Lyon County Fair
- July 25 – Tues: 3rd Degree Officer Installation Mass;
- Aug 15 – Tues: 3rd Degree Steak Fry/Sweet Corn Feed. St Mary’s Cottonwood, MN Legion Field Shelter; Short meeting at 6:30 pm. Begin at 6:30 pm for short meeting
We wish to thank the following newsletter sponsors:
- State Farm Insurance
Charles Aufenthie – Agent
- James Lozinski Construction
- Cattoor Oil Co., Inc