August 2017 News
Council #1621 Blog * Written by MN Knights
Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday August 15. We will be meeting at the Legion Field Shelter.
This will be our annual sweet corn feed-steak night. We will begin with a short meeting at 6:30 pm followed by sweet corn on the cob appetizer, grilling your own meat and socializing. This is another family night out.
You need to bring your own meat to grill and table service to eat from. The family drinks, sweet corn and side dishes will be provided by the council. A free will donation will be requested.
ARE YOU PARTICIPATING IN CHURCH SERVICES OR JUST ATTENDING MASS………We have all seen requests in the bulletin, on the information screen in the church before mass and have heard Fr Paul’s request for people to become Proclaimers of the Word, Eucharistic Ministers, Greeters and video camera operators for mass.
As part of our basic Knights of Columbus principals we should individually be looking to see if there isn’t one of the activities we can assist with. If you have ever played a video game with your child or grandchild you have the knowledge to operate the cameras and switch from camera to song screens. And if you want to get out of church as soon as mass is over why not be a Eucharistic minister. Usually no one leaves until after they receive communion. LET’S DO OUR PART IN ASSISTING WITH THE LAY POSITIONS OF PRESENTING MASS!!
P.S. I would also bet Fr Wiering can also use additional help at St. Clotilde and St. Mary’s.
Looking to the Future
- Aug 9 to 13 – Wed thru Sun: Lyon County Fair. KC’s operating church food stand on Sunday Aug 13. Sign up on HR website
- Aug 15 – Tuesday: Monthly meeting at 6:30 pm. Meet at Legion Field Shelter. Sweet Corn/Grilled meat supper social
- Sept 5 – Tuesday: KC 4th Degree meeting 6:30 pm at Wooden Nickel
- Sept 19 – Tuesday: 3rd Degree meeting at 7:00 pm. Location to be determined
- Oct 20 – Fri: 1st-2nd-3rd Degree Exemplification CRC – time to be announced later.
- Oct 21 – Sat: 4th Degree Exemplification at Ramada Convention Center, Marshall
We wish to thank our following newsletter sponsors:
- Bisbee Plumbing & Heating
- Rehkamp-Horvath Funeral Directors
- Valley Discount Liqour